Pattern: Simplicity 2274
- Floral fabric (cotton 97%/spandex 3% floral fabric from my local fabric store)
- Peltex interfacing
- Heat n Bond
- Clear Vinyl
- Large Eyelet Kit
- White cotton thread
- Sewing through three layers of extra firm Peltex interfacing was really rough for my poor beginner machine. It really makes me wonder if I should just go ahead and upgrade (oh, but I do love my very simple machine). I made sure to go very slowly.
- I ended up lengthening my stitch to 3.5 mm when I topstitched. I found that because the length was longer, I would sometimes overextend my stitch past the corner when I pivoted my fabric, I made sure to shorten my stitch at those corners to place the needle at the right spot, pivot the fabric and then resume at the normal 3.5mm stitch.
- I had trouble cutting out a perfect rectangle in one of the luggage tags. It’s pretty obvious in one of the pics and bothers me a little bit, but oh well! I’ll do it right next time!
- I also had trouble cutting out a circle for the large eyelet without an xacto knife. It wasn’t very pretty but thankfully you don’t see that in the end result!
Mini Sewing Victory:
- I used Peltex interfacing for the first time!
- I also somehow managed to get ok stitching while sewing through two layers of Peltex interfacing. My machine is a total beginner machine so it’s a wonder it even worked.